4.12.2010

Quilting Quarrels

Hmph.

I am at a stale-mate with my quilt.

I began quilting yesterday (quilting from a sewing machine can be quite difficult), and it seems as though the machine has temporarily defeated me. It decided to mess up the stitches and colors of thread, so the brown shows through on the cream and the cream shows through on the brown.

Yes, I know you don't know what that means.

Hmph.

I'm defeated for now, but I'll begin anew tomorrow.

One the bright side, I am QUILTING it! Which means that I am past sewing the blocks together, sewing the mini-border on, sewing the full borders AND attaching them (quite the feat), attaching the backing fabric, batting, and finished top-layer together (and classily taping it to the carpet with masking tape) AND pinning all three layers--including several tufts of Kristi's carpet)--together... 

Yes!

Like I said, this recent slip is only a minor setback. I won't be defeated!

Here is a picture of it laid out on the floor, before pinning (See-told you I used masking tape):


Wish me luck for tomorrow!

No comments: