2.07.2009

The joys of internet

We finally have our own internet connection, password protected and everything! I just have to talk about the guy who installed it; first off, I'm pretty sure he came to install it after smoking several bowls of marijuana. Next, he had to take 5 (that I counted) cigarette breaks within the hour time period he was here. Now, I'm no judger, but that room he was installing it in already reeks of weed from, what I speculate, to be seeping up from the "handicap" lady who lives below us. It would be medicinal, I'm assuming, since she is so handicapped. Also, I'm pretty sure the very bowels of hell are going to open up and swallow me for being so insensitive and evil--Forgive me, but I have very little sympathy for her! She has a dog and cat (they are so cute, weird) and often times we come home and the smell of cat urine and dog crap has filtered through the vents and is dispersing throughout our home. Too many smells seeping up if you ask me.

Anyway, I would be a lot of money and guess this was the guys' first install. Ok, the part that really gave it all away was the password he set for us. He said, "Oh, I made your guys' password 'cocacola' so go ahead and try it out." So I do. Incorrect password. "Make sure you are spelling it right. Click on NETGEAR and type in 'cocacola'. " Fail. So I say, "Um, how do you spell it?" (Yeah, I really felt like an idiot. I know for a FACT I am spelling it correctly) So he says, "Exactly like the brand, c-o-k-e-c-o-l-a." "You mean, COKEcola?" "Yeah, coca-cola." "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm retarded sometimes." He replies"Oh, haha. It's amazing how many people don't know how to spell it. I always set that as people's passwords because it is easy to remember, but everyone always spells it wrong." Maybe, Jeremy, just maybe the reason why nobody "spells it correctly" is because you spell it incorrectly to begin with. No, I didn't say that. I just accepted defeat.

That's all for now. I am cleaning my house so I can post pictures of it! Later tonight...I promise.

6 comments:

Gena said...

OK- you promised. I want to see pictures... and that is hilarious about the computer guy. What a dummy.

HolliJo said...

Hey we came across your blog. And, oh my goodness. How funny. We hope you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

What an idiot!

Victoria said...

Cute blog! I love that website! We need to get together soon, sorry these past few weeks have been stressful maybe we can find a weekend that works with you guys soon!

Ally said...

HAHA! I laughed out loud....you and Sean always come across funny people and are so good at sharing the stories. I love it!

Serena said...

hahaha I don't know how you resisted saying anything...