1.26.2010

A month of celebrations!

January is the most intense birthday month for my family--my dad's birthday is the 24th, my brother Kev's is the 26th, and Kristi's is the 27th. (Side-note: my Uncle Barry--my dad's brother--has HIS birthday on the 25th!). Now to top THAT, my darling, twin, brother-in-laws had their birthday on the 22nd! My, oh, my. We still haven't sent out their gifts...sorry, boys.

I just wanted to write a quick blog saying something to each of my immediate family members who have a January birthday--the best part about doing this is that none of them will ever see what I say because they either A.) don't know I have a blog or B.) wouldn't know how to access it even if they knew about it. I can get away with saying something nice without the awkwardness of saying it to them, haha.

Dad--best. dad. ever. Imperfect? Of course. The perfect dad for me? You got it. He drives over an hour and a half to work ONE WAY, everyday, in a crappy Geo (that he loves, by the way) to provide for his family. He is horribly misunderstood by most people, but I totally understand him. As he says it, "We just get each other." My dad is just wonderful and I really love him. Happy 53rd Birthday!

Kevbo--If I were to have been born a man, I imagine I would have looked exactly like Kevin. He is smart, kind, and would do anything for anyone. He works his freakin' butt off at everything he does.. We lived together for a short-while in Utah where we spent nearly every night hanging out. When we weren't hanging out at the house we went to Costa together--pretty much everyday. Those lunch "dates" are some of my best memories with Kev. *side-note* he could write a book on engine rebuilding--ask him for his opinion on any car troubles you may be having! Happy 25th Birthday, old man river!

Kristi--Kristi is seriously one of the funniest people I have ever met and she doesn't even try! She is tastefully outspoken and opinionated--strong-willed and confident. A leader in our family, but doesn't make us feel inferior. So, so beautiful, but thinks she is the ugliest creature that ever walked the planet. She literally loses sleep when she knows something is troubling one of us siblings. So smart, so savvy. I figure if I can be 1/2 the person/mom/friend/sister she is, I'll be in pretty good shape. She is the epitome of what a perfect big sister is. Honestly? The best big (little) sister anyone could ask for, and I know my siblings would agree.

Well, there it is. A shout-out to my fam. Like I said, they likely won't ever see it, but I'm glad it's immortalized here.

No comments: