3.23.2010

Our little man in his bumbo with his sweet doggie hat!



I am such a hypocrite. I get on people's case about not updating their blog--hello, pot calling the kettle black, anyone? Sean and I keep vowing to be more consistent (story of my life). Maybe one of these days I'll figure it out.

We spent a fantastic week in California visiting Sean's family so everyone who hadn't met Oliver could, and for Sean to do some training at work. There were so, so many fun things we did, but the BEST thing about the trip was THIS little gem in Ghirardelli square. OH. MY. GOODNESS! Shantele and I enjoyed tea and crumpets (literally!), overlooking the Bay, and a good, girl-time lunch. I kept telling Shantele that if I weren't married to a man and lived alone, my entire house would be decorated like this place.

Oliver is so much fun lately. Here are some of our favorite things about him:
His hands are his favorite toy
He has the most precious, almost auburn-tinted hair coming in--in the sweet, Sykes, shooting straight down your forehead, fashion. 
He has pokey ears. 
He loves to yell at us. And pretty much everyone else.
I always wanted my kids to have my green eyes, but I never realized how beautiful brown eyes could be.
We talk to him and he talks back!
His 7 AM wake-up. He is alert, happy, and so funny.
Is it weird that I love picking the lint from between his toes after I take his socks off?
He has long, beautiful eyelashes. Definitely NOT from me.

So, I have had a lot of time to think about my pregnancy/delivery and everything those entail. You know how you hear, "after you have a baby, your body will never be the same!" Truer words have never been spoken. I gained close to 45 pounds with Oliver, lost it all in 6--count 'em-6 days. I then proceeded to lose the additional 10 pounds I had packed on from the first 3 months of us being married. So, here I sit, 55 pounds lighter than I was 3 months ago. So, what's the problem? I have disposed of all of my jeans but ONE pair. The hips don't lie, and they aren't telling a happy story, either. My hips are almost 2 inches wider than they were before I had Oliver! Obviously, he was totally worth it, but it is seriously amazing what a woman's body does to house a fetus baby. Just my thoughts. Here is another picture of Oliver--he felt very put out that I kept taking pictures on my phone:



5 comments:

mr & mrs O. said...

he is so stinking cute!! mmm love Ghiradelli chocolate sounds like a fun trip!
oh lovely I already have got some hips one me...Looking forward to having kids but not looking forward to my body changing. oh well such is life!
hope all is well with you and your cute family!

Gena said...

Haha... This made me laugh because I, too, have this weird fetish with getting the lint from Avie's toes, still! ...and when I used to nurse her, it was her ears. Haha! Now she picks her toes (and her dad's- gross!), so I have to be careful not to really do it. :) And yeah, it's amazing how much pregnancy changes your body (and your boobs). :) They are so worth it though! Glad you guys had a fun time in California. That tea shop looks amazing!

Jodi said...

He's such a cutie! I can't wait to someday see you guys and meet Oliver in person.

Nycole said...

Oh Summer!

Great post, sista. This old grey mare aint' what she used to be either. I'm almost down to pre-pregnancy terms, and have 1 faded pair of jeans that threaten to rip on me every day. I, however, refuse to spend more money on bigger jeans and I am currently in denial about the current predicament. We will see who gives in first.

I love to pick lint, and I am slightly disappointed that Ella's fingers don't collect the jam that they used to. My favorite pastime is still sucking up boogers, though.

Ah, motherhood. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Bring on #2, eh?

Christa said...

Wow. I know exactly how you feel. I weight about the same as I did before pregnancy but I have 1, yes 1 pair of pants that I can still wear after having Brinley. The pregnancy pants fall down and my old pants, well I can't get them on. So fun. Anywho Oliver is so stinking cute. I would definitely be okay if you were to make him marry Brinley one day.